Mobile Home Accidents
Burlington Mobile Home Accident Lawyers
When a large, heavy RV or a mobile home is involved in a vehicle accident, it often leads to disaster. The injuries sustained in an RV or mobile home accident are frequently serious, catastrophic, or fatal. A victim may suffer broken bones, a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injuries, or other life-threatening injuries.
The injured person may be facing a challenging future, with a lifetime of disability and pain. When a mobile home accident has been caused by an act of negligence, you will need all the support you can get – including the assistance of a skilled vehicle accident attorney to pursue proper compensation.
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we know that no amount of money can make up for the loss of a loved one or the pain and suffering associated with serious or catastrophic injuries. But the compensation recovered provides the resources for the best in medical care, or to provide for a family that has lost the support of a loved one.
There are several types of mobile homes, any of which may be involved in a serious or fatal accident:
- Mobile homes are large vehicles that contain living accommodations, with sizes up to that of semi-truck trailers. Mobile homes are designed to be transported and placed down to stay in one place for an extended period.
- Recreational vehicles (RVs) are vehicles or trailers that are equipped with living facilities such as kitchens, showers, restrooms, and bedrooms. They are often towed by passenger vehicles or pick-up trucks and used for a variety of recreational activities.
- Campers are trailers that can be towed by other vehicles. They smaller than mobile homes and more portable, making them ideal for short-term camping trips.
Mobile homes are heavy, and especially dangerous, particularly when operated by an inexperienced driver. Some may even tow a smaller passenger vehicle, which can weigh between 2,800 pounds to 3,300 pounds. Add this to the weight of an average RV, which can reach up to 6,500 pounds, and you have a very heavy vehicle that can result in catastrophic collisions. The center of gravity of an RV is also higher than other vehicles, making it more difficult to control.
Driving an RV requires a heightened awareness and competency in a driver, especially when driving on freeways or at higher speeds. Some of the common causes of RV accidents include:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Fatigued driving
- Unbalanced or overloaded trailers
- Drug or alcohol-impaired drivers
- Faulty safety systems on vehicles, such as brakes or tire
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we call upon all of our professional resources in performing a comprehensive case evaluation to determine the cause of the accident. Our team will obtain and preserve evidence, interview eyewitnesses, and call upon the knowledge of professional accident investigators, medical experts, and financial experts. Our history of winning millions in compensation for our clients reflects our dedication to the people we serve.
Due to the size and weight of RV and mobile home accidents, the injuries sustained can be life-changing. Those who walk away from these accidents with only minor injuries are among the lucky few. Some of the most common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal injuries
- Severe contusions
- Disfiguring injuries
In cases of accidents caused by negligence or carelessness, it is critical that you recover the maximum amount of compensation for both economic and non-economic damages. When we talk about accidents involving RVs, campers, and mobile homes, the value of the compensation is often high value, due to the severe nature of the injuries sustained. The compensation sought after a mobile home accident includes:
- Immediate medical costs
- Future medical costs, including physical therapy, prosthetics, and more
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
If a loved one died due to the injuries sustained in a mobile home accident, family members may be entitled to wrongful death compensation, including:
- Medical bills leading up to death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium (loss of the family relationship and emotional support from a loved one)
- Loss of financial support
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we believe that victims should be provided as much compensation as possible to put their lives back together. Our award-winning Boston personal injury lawyers have the experience and dedication you want on your side. When you hire us to represent you in a personal injury case, you can expect the care and attention we would provide to our own families. Contact us today at (978) 327-5140 to schedule a free consultation.