Nursing Home Abuse
Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer in Burlington, MA
Elderly people and their families face particular challenges as they age. As we trust caregivers and nursing facilities with the care of our loved ones, concerns about the level of care inevitably arise. At DiBella Law Offices, P.C. in Methuen, Burlington, and Boston, Massachusetts, we help individuals like yourself who believe an elderly loved one has been injured or neglected while in the care of others.
It is important that you take the time to discuss your situation with an experienced Burlington nursing home neglect lawyer as quickly as possible after an incident has taken place. Do not hesitate to contact our Burlington personal injury lawyers today.
Elder abuse and neglect can take many forms. The bottom line in these cases is that there is an element of abuse or neglect by the doctor, nurse, or any healthcare practitioner who is responsible for caring for your elderly loved one. Just as each of our elders is unique, the forms of mistreatment that can befall them are many and varied.
A few examples of nursing home abuse and neglect include:
- An elder may become malnourished or dehydrated due to lack of observation and care.
- He or she may develop tenacious bruises and bed sores from being allowed to rest in one position too long.
- Unsafe conditions may also contribute to a devastating slip and fall incident.
- Caregivers might under- or over-medicate elderly patients due to carelessness or sloppy record keeping.
- A nurse or aide can lose his/her temper and take it out physically on an elderly patient.
- Physicians who think they have better things to do might make poor medical decisions that endanger an elder's life or result in wrongful death.
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., our Burlington injury attorneys look at the evidence and are unafraid to challenge nursing homes and caregivers who fail in their duties to protect our elders, whether that failure is due to simple negligence or maliciousness. With offices in Methuen, Burlington, and Boston, we are familiar with Massachusetts laws concerning assault, abuse, and mistreatment of elders. We do our research and do not hesitate to hold others accountable for their actions when they are in the wrong.
Don’t live in fear that your loved one is being abused or neglected. Please contact our firm today at (781) 262-3338 for a no-cost consultation with an attorney who cares. We are available 24/7.
- Massachusetts Nursing Home Consumer Information
- Massachusetts Long-Term Care Ombudsman
- National Center on Elder Abuse
- Prevention of Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation (Title VII-A3)
- Massachusetts Law about Elders' Issues