Haverhill Wrongful Death Attorneys
Haverhill residents enjoy a city with a vibrant mix of history, outdoor activities, and adventure. The community is constantly on the go, with busy streets passing through commercial areas and pleasant, leafy neighborhoods. Cyclists have been the victim of fatal accidents on Route 10 (Amesbury Road), at a four-way intersection connecting to Brandy Brow Road. The intersection of Broadway and North Broadway has been the scene of many serious or fatal collisions. The connection of I-495 and Route 125 is listed as one of the most dangerous in the state. Driver in the area should be aware that motor vehicle accidents are the primary cause of unintentional deaths in the Haverhill area.
Our experienced and compassionate Haverhill wrongful death lawyers at DiBella Law Offices, P.C., are here to help you navigate the legal system and seek justice for your loss. We are dedicated to helping families in Haverhill who have suffered the loss of a loved one due to the actions of another. Call us today at (978)327-5140 for a no-cost consultation.
When a person dies due to the negligence or deliberate actions of another person or entity, certain family members in Massachusetts may have the right to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for wrongful deaths. Certain family members can be compensated for medical expenses, funeral costs, emotional damages, and lost income, current and future.
The most common causes of wrongful death include:
- Car accidents: Vehicle accidents, including those involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles, can be deadly when a driver is speeding, driving distracted, drunk, or other unsafe driving conduct.
- Accidents involving pedestrians: Injuries can be fatal to pedestrians, especially when they occur in urban areas or near major roads.
- Accidents involving motorized vehicles and cyclists: Bicyclists are at risk of injury or death in these collisions.
- Medical malpractice: Errors and negligence of healthcare professionals may cause wrongful deaths, such as misdiagnosis.
- Accidents at work: Deaths can occur as a result of equipment failure or exposure to hazardous materials in different workplace environments.
- Premises liability: Property owners who fail to maintain a secure environment can be held responsible for fatalities caused by accidents such as fires, slips, falls, or other incidents.
- Defective products. Manufacturers may be liable for fatal injuries caused by their products due to design flaws and manufacturing defects.
Liability must be established in a successful wrongful death claim. Our attorneys will investigate your case thoroughly and do their best to find the person responsible for your loved one’s death.
In Massachusetts, only certain family members can bring a wrongful death claim on behalf of the deceased relative. The list includes spouses (including those who are adopted), parents (including the adoptive ones), kids (including children adopted), siblings (including half-siblings), and grandparents (including step-siblings).
If you meet these conditions, you can file a claim in Massachusetts for wrongful death.
- Negligence: If the death of your loved one was due to negligence, carelessness, or recklessness by another person or organization, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim. Examples include car accidents, medical malpractice, and premises liability.
- Intentional harm: If someone intentionally caused the death of a loved one, such as through an assault or homicide, you may be able to file a claim against them for wrongful death.
Sometimes, a person may be held strictly liable for wrongful death even if he or she did not act out of negligence or malice. This is the most common type of case in product liability when a defective item leads to death.
The claim must be made within three years of the date of death or the first time the personal representative knew or should have known the facts supporting the claim.
You may be entitled to compensation if you can prove another person is responsible for your loved one’s death. This includes medical costs relating to the illness or injury that led to their death as well as funeral expenses, lost income, and emotional damages associated with the loss. Our skilled Haverhill personal injury attorney will ensure every form of compensation is vigorously pursued.
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C. we understand the pain and emotional turmoil that comes with losing a loved one due to negligence or the malicious actions of another. We are committed to helping Haverhill families achieve justice and full compensation for their losses. For a free consultation with an experienced wrongful death attorney, call us at (978) 327-5140 so we can discuss your legal options in this difficult time.