Advocating for People Injured in Burlington Rear-End Accidents
With more vehicles on the roads today, more wrecks are likely to occur. Rear-end collisions are among the most common types of accidents. They account for approximately 29% of all traffic crashes, according to a study published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
What Should You Do If You Have Been a Rear-End Accident Victim?
It can be unsettling, to say the least, to be suddenly hit from behind with no warning. If you are able after a rear-end crash:
- Move to a safe area, stop the car, and get out of the vehicle.
- Check to see if anyone else involved in the crash needs emergency medical treatment.
- Call the police and report the wreck. Request an ambulance if necessary.
- Exchange information with the drivers involved, obtaining names, license plate numbers, insurance information.
- Record the names of the drivers and passengers, the makes and models of the vehicles involved, the location of the accident, the names and badge numbers of responding police officers, and names and contact information for any eyewitnesses to the crash.
- Take pictures of the accident scene, including damage to the vehicles involved, weather conditions, traffic signs or signals, debris or skid marks on the road.
- Take pictures of any swelling, bruising, bleeding, or visible injuries you may have.
- See a doctor for your injuries as soon as you can. Even if you believe they are minor, adrenaline and the shock of the accident can mask the symptoms. Some injury symptoms may not appear right away. A doctor’s visit establishes a record of your injuries for your claim.
- Speak with an experienced Burlington car accident lawyer as soon as possible. If you were rear-ended by another driver, your best chance of recovering full compensation is to have a skilled legal advocate by your side.
Burlington Rear End Collision Lawyer Near Me 855-DiBella
Request Your Free Police Report
DiBella Law Offices, P.C., is glad to assist you with getting your crash report at no cost. Visit our police report request page and fill out our form. We will take care of the rest.
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
How Do You Prove Liability In a Rear-End Collision?
In most cases, the driver who rear ends the vehicle ahead is held liable for the accident. Drivers have a duty of care to others on the roadway to keep a lookout to avoid a crash. To prove negligence and liability, you will need to show that the other driver breached that duty of care. For example, the other driver may have been speeding, following too closely, texting or driving distracted, driving impaired, or otherwise violating traffic rules and regulations.
Is the Driver Who Was Hit Ever Found Liable for a Rear-End Accident?
In most rear-end collisions, the driver behind who hits the other vehicle is determined to be at fault. In some cases, however, the driver who was hit may be found at least partially responsible for the accident. This could happen if the rear brake lights or tail lights were out on the vehicle ahead, or if a driver operated a vehicle at a speed so slow as to be considered unsafe.
Why Do You Need a Burlington Rear-End Crash Lawyer?
Determining fault in a Burlington rear-end accident is not always cut-and-dried. Under Massachusetts comparative negligence laws, your compensation can be reduced by the percentage of fault for the crash assigned to you. The other side will try to assign as much fault as possible to you, in an attempt to reduce the insurance’s company’s payout.
Having a nationally recognized Burlington personal injury law firm managing your case can increase your chances of receiving a settlement or award that covers all your losses — past, present and future. If you have been seriously injured in a rear-end collision, call DiBella Law Offices, P.C. at (978) 327-5140. Founding attorney Christopher DiBella has been named among the top litigators in the commonwealth by several legal associations.
Rear-End Accident Case Results
- $78,000 – Driver Rear-Ended While in Traffic
- $45,000 – Driver Rear-Ended and Suffered from Pain in Her Neck
- $28,000 – Driver Rear-Ended on Highway
- $25,000 – Driver Rear-Ended at Stop Light
View more case results.