Chelsea Personal Injury Attorneys
You shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical care if you were injured in an accident caused by the careless actions of another person. That’s why Christopher DiBella and his team of skilled attorneys will fight to get you a settlement that will cover the cost of your injuries and other expenses caused by the accident.
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we’ve been helping people in Massachusetts for over 20 years. Whether you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, by a fall on someone else’s property, a workplace accident, a dog bite, medical malpractice, or any other type of unfortunate event, we will work to you get you the compensation you need.
Give us a call at (978) 327-5140 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
Chelsea, Massachusetts is a city of about 40,000 people in Suffolk county. It’s located right next to Boston, across the Mystic River. People in Chelsea enjoy paintball, archery, seafood, and nights on the town that may involve a visit the North End to catch some laughs at the Improv Asylum comedy club.
Notable places to visit that are near Chelsea include the USS Constitution Museum, the Sports Museum, the New England Aquarium, and Boston Harbor National Park. The Revere Beach Annual Sand Sculpting Festival is popular local event.
When you are facing major injuries, it’s nice to have friends by your side who will take care of your legal issues. That way, you can rest and concentrate on your recovery.
Insurance companies make their money by paying out as little in claims as possible. After an accident, insurance company agents will often try to get victims to make statements that can hurt your claim. That’s why you should meet with a personal injury attorney before talking to an insurance agent. In fact, you should let your attorney do all the talking.
Your attorney will investigate the accident to find out who’s liable for your injuries. This investigation may include:
- Incident reports
- Police records
- Witness interviews
- Photographs and videos
- Accident scene recreations
- Medical records
- Consultations with expert witnesses
When the investigation is complete, your attorney will calculate the cost of your injuries. Then they will file claims against anyone who contributed your injuries. For example, in the case of a truck accident, your lawyer may file a claim against the careless driver in addition to the manager and the trucking company because they employed someone with a dangerous driving record.
Your attorney’s claim may include these types of expenses:
- Ambulance rides
- Emergency room treatment
- Doctor’s office visits
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Accidents can happen when you least expect it. Whether you are traveling with your family when another driver cuts you off, shopping in a supermarket where someone didn’t clean up a spill, or walking through your neighborhood when a vicious dog is on the loose, there are many times when you can be injured through no fault of your own.
The attorneys at DiBella Law Offices, P.C. handle several types of personal injury cases. Some of the claims we see most often include:
- Car Accidents. When people act carelessly by driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol, speeding, running red a light, changing lanes without looking first, tailgating, driving while distracted, or any other type of negligent behavior, the results can be catastrophic.
- Truck Accidents can be devastating for pedestrians and other drivers because trucks are so massive and they take a long time to come to a complete stop. If the driver gets distracted for an instant or fails to make the right decision when there is a stoppage in traffic, in can cause an accident that kills or injures several people. Trucking companies must hire qualified drivers and monitor their performance to keep us all safe on the road.
- Motorcycle riders are particularly vulnerable because unlike people in cars, they don’t have seatbelts, airbags, and cabins to protect them. That’s why motorcycle crashes are likely to cause devastating injuries. Drivers don’t always look out for motorcycle riders, and they frequently cause accidents by merging or turning into motorcycles.
- Dog bites. Being attacked by a dog is a terrifying experience, especially for children. These events lead to long-lasting trauma, and they often cause serious injuries and scarring that require extensive treatment to heal.
- Slip and fall accidents may occur at a private business, along a stairway, on a rainy or snow-covered sidewalk, at an apartment complex, or in someone’s home. Businesses, property owners, and governments have a duty to anticipate dangerous conditions and remedy them before someone gets hurts.
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident caused by another person’s careless behavior, we can help you get the money you need to put your life back together. At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., that’s what we do.
We offer a FREE consultation. And we’d love to get a chance to meet you and talk about your case. Call (978) 327-5140 to learn more today.