Ridesharing has taken over the nation and transformed the way we get around. In many cities, people are opting out of taking their own cars and stressing over finding parking spaces. It’s easier now to use rideshare transportation as a cheap and hassle-free way to get from point A to point B.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a rideshare accident, getting in touch with an experienced Andover rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible will lead to a greater chance of success when filing a claim. At DiBella Law, our Andover car accident lawyer will help you pursue your claim and focus on the most important thing: your recovery. Discuss the details of your case with an Andover personal injury lawyer today.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident In Andover
If you were involved in a car accident with a rideshare vehicle or have hit a rideshare vehicle, there are steps you should take. Even if you were in a rideshare vehicle as a passenger, you can still be entitled to compensation for your injuries. A rideshare accident lawyer in Andover would recommend following these steps:
- Call 911 first: This important step is key to officially documenting your accident and having your injuries tended to. The police will create an accident report, gather evidence, and speak with witnesses in order to determine what has occurred.
- Gather evidence: Take photos of the scene and any videos so that you can show your Andover, rideshare accident attorney what has occurred. Additionally, speaking with witnesses to the accident can help your claim down the road.
- Seek medical attention: It is essential to get your injuries looked at and documented. This way, you will be able to prove that you have faced losses and are owed compensation.
- Find the right professional help: Speaking with a rideshare accident attorney in Andover from DiBella Law will be beneficial to your claim. With years of experience dealing with car accidents, the team at DiBella Law will use their deep legal knowledge to fight on your behalf and offer support throughout the recovery process.
Determining Liability in a Rideshare Accident
Massachusetts follows no-fault laws for car accidents. What this means is that the state law requires each driver to hold a minimum insurance coverage policy, known as personal injury protection (PIP). In the event of an accident, this law also requires each driver to file accident claims with their own insurance companies, no matter who was at fault.
When in an accident, no matter the fault, you will file an insurance claim with your company first and recover up to 75% of the losses. However, this doesn’t always cover what you have lost due to the minimum amount of policy coverage. Once you go through your own insurance policy, you and your Andover rideshare accident attorney can try to recover compensation from the other party.
This can only be done if the following conditions are met:
- The other party involved acted in a negligent or careless manner
- The total of your medical expenses was calculated to be more than $2,000
- Your injuries that were suffered are long-term and will require extensive support
Negligence in Rideshare Accidents
Knowing what negligence is and if the other party acted in this way is key to your claim. If your rideshare driver or the car that caused the accident did any of the following to cause an accident, they are likely considered negligent:
- Tailgating and recklessly driving
- Distracted driving
- Failing to use turn signals or yield to the right of way
- Driving while under the influence
Liability is often challenging in rideshare accident claims. Having an experienced attorney by your side can help you go over all the aspects of your case and discuss the best route to take. At DiBella Law, we have years of experience helping injured persons recover the compensation they deserve.
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
Damages You May Claim
Following a rideshare accident, the amount of damages you can claim will vary. The factors that are considered are the extent of your injuries, the severity of the accident, and who is held liable. Generally, you can claim two types of damages in most cases.
These damages are the easiest ones to understand because they are considered all things tangible. Economic damages are all out-of-pocket expenses that have a value associated with them. They can include things like:
- Medical bills
- Loss of income
- Vehicle damages
- Ongoing rehab
- Hospital visits
These types of damages are the opposite of economic damages. These damages will be intangible things you have lost that have no set monetary value. The price for these losses will be determined by insurance companies, legal professionals, or the court.
Non-economic damages include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Onset mental health issues
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Why Choose DiBella Law Firm
At DiBella Law Firm, our team is committed to helping those throughout the community and beyond. We understand how negative experiences, such as accidents or injuries from another party’s negligence, can affect lives. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will support you throughout your claim with compassion and professionalism, always putting you first.
To us, every case is personal. Here is what we can help with:
- Legal support and resources in a wide range of personal injury and accident claims
- Determining liability, no matter the circumstances of your injuries
- The accurate calculation of your current losses and all future losses
Get the Help You Need Today from a Rideshare Accident Lawyer in Andover
Being involved in any type of vehicular accident is stressful and confusing. Having to recover and care for your injuries is already a lot, and adding in dealing with any legal aftermath makes it worse. It’s best to speak to the DiBella Law team for support throughout your claim.
We will work hard to protect your rights and help you recover the right amount of compensation for all you have lost. To schedule a free consultation, get in contact with us as soon as possible. With almost two decades of helping clients in the legal field, we are the team to trust.