6 Advantages Small Firms Have Over Large Ones
If you have been seriously injured through someone else’s negligence, choosing a law firm to handle your claim for compensation may be one of the most important decisions you make. In your search for a team of personal injury lawyers, you may consult with different firms to discover what type of law firm you need to best serve your interests. Your search may reveal that small firms have certain advantages over large firms.
What Are the Advantages of Working with a Small Law Firm?
Size can be an important consideration in choosing a personal injury law firm. Although there are pros and cons for both, small firms offer distinct advantages over large firms, including the following:
- Personal touch: You will likely develop a direct, personal relationship with your attorney when you work with a small personal injury law firm. A lawyer who knows you will have a better understanding of your needs and be better able to protect your interests.
- More attention: Small firms with fewer clients can devote more attention to your case. The entire legal team will likely recognize you on sight and know something about your case.
- Flexibility: Small law firms can be more flexible, based on what is most convenient for individual client needs.
- Communication: Clients represented by small firms typically have easier, quicker access to their attorneys when they need it. Small firm lawyers may be more available to communicate directly with their clients.
- Lower fees: Small firms have fewer employees and lower overhead, so they are able to charge less in fees.
- Specialization: Small, boutique law firms that practice primarily in a specific legal area may be a better choice because they offer experience and expertise pertaining to your particular legal situation.
Are There Reasons Why Large Firms May Not Be Ideal for Severe or Unique Cases?
If you have been severely injured or have a unique situation, a large firm may not be an ideal choice for several possible reasons. Large, “settlement mill” firms may tend to move things along by settling cases, when it may not be in your best interests. A lay person with little or no experience in legal matters may feel lost in the crowd when dealing with a large firm. Big firms tend to have established rules for the way they run their practice, which may not allow for the flexibility you need. Last but not least, large law firms are expensive to run and tend to charge higher fees.
How Can a Small Personal Injury Law Firm Help?
After a serious injury that was someone else’s fault, your best chance of recovering the compensation you are entitled to receive is to have an experienced and dedicated legal advocate handling your claim. A small personal injury law firm can give your case the attention it deserves. Our seasoned personal injury lawyers can thoroughly investigate your accident, secure evidence to support your claim, assess the full extent of your damages, and use our knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively pursue the maximum compensation available in your case. Depending on the particular circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover damages for past and future medical expenses, lost income, loss of future earning potential, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Why Choose Us?
DiBella Law Offices, P.C. is a nationally recognized, small law firm. Founding partner Christopher DiBella has been named among the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers, listed among Massachusetts Super Lawyers®, and named among the Premier 100 trial attorneys by the American Academy of Trial Attorneys. If you or your loved one has been hurt through the negligence of another, contact us at (978) 327-5140 to find out how we can help.