Boston Broken Bone
Boston Broken Bone Attorney
A broken bone is not only a serious injury, but a painful one. It requires immediate medical care, and without the proper treatment, it can lead to a lifetime of medical issues. But the costs associated with a broken bone do not always end with medical care. There may be other expenses that weigh heavy on the injured person, such as lost wages during recovery.
In many cases, these injuries occurred due to someone else’s negligence, and that is the person who should bear the financial burden of your expenses. At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., our Boston personal injury lawyers have over a decade of experience helping victims receive the compensation they deserve. Call (617) 870-0907 to set up a free consultation.
In many cases, someone else’s poor judgment, negligence, or disregard for others’ safety ends in a broken bone. In these situations, that person needs to be held accountable. Some of these incidents include:
- Slip-and-fall accidents: For example, if the property had damaged walkways or steps, lack of snow and ice removal, poorly lit walkways, or wet walking surfaces, the property owner may be to blame.
- Sports injuries: Negligent acts by another player, such as failing to act responsibly and follow the rules, as well as improper coaching techniques, can lead to broken bones.
- Vehicle collisions: If a driver runs a red light or speeds, he is acting negligently and should be held financially responsible for any crash he causes.
- Workplace accidents: If an employer does not provide a safe work environment, or forces a worker to perform his duties in an unsafe manner, then the employer’s negligence could cause the employee to suffer broken bones.
- Defective products: The failure of a product, such as a ladder or a chair, could easily cause broken bones. The manufacturer should be held financially responsible for the injuries caused as a result of the defect.
While many people think a plaster cast is the only treatment for a broken bone, modern medicine offers other options, including surgery to insert plates, screws, or pins to secure the break for more precise alignment while healing. But these treatments carry higher costs and a greater risk of complications from the procedure.
If the bone pieces did not align during the healing process, they must be surgically corrected or stay crooked. Other complications can include reactions from the anesthesia during surgery or a surgical site infection. These not only lengthen the time needed for recovery, but also add to the mounting expenses.
Even though broken bones are not uncommon, there is nothing simple or guaranteed when it comes to the healing process. Each injury victim will react to treatment in a slightly different manner and time frame.
As you face the challenges of recovering from a broken bone, the last thing you want to deal with is legal action against the person responsible for your injury. These cases can require a great deal of time and expertise, as medical consultants, accident specialists, and attorneys must often work together to prove negligence. DiBella Law Offices, P.C., has over a decade of experience working with Boston victims who simply want to see justice prevail and protect their rights.
A single call to (617) 870-0907 will schedule a free consultation with DiBella Law Offices, P.C. After discussing your case, we will offer you options and act on the choice that best meets your needs, while you focus on getting your life back to normal.