Dracut Personal Injury Attorneys
Personal Injury Representation in Dracut
An accident can change your life forever, especially if it results in serious injuries or death to someone you love. There’s no way to fix what happened, but you shouldn’t have to pay for your own medical expenses when you were harmed by another person’s negligence.
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C, we’ve been helping people in their time of need for over 20 years. We know how to help our clients get a settlement that will allow you to pay off your medical expenses. That way, you can start to put your life back together.
We handle most types of personal injury claims, from motor vehicle accidents to premises liability cases such as dog bites and slip and fall accidents. To learn more, call (978) 327-5140 today and schedule a FREE consultation. We’d love to get a chance to meet you and talk about your case.
Living in Dracut, MA
Dracut, Massachusetts is a lovely community of around 32,000 people located in Middlesex County about 34 miles north of Boston. It’s the second most populous town in Massachusetts with an open town meeting system of governance.
Fun things to do in the Dracut area include visiting the Museum of Printing or the American Textile History Museum, going to the Funtagious Fun Center for some miniature golf, go-kart rides at the Jay Gees Fun Center, and seeing over 500 different kinds of butterflies at The Butterfly Place.
Standing Up to Insurance Companies
Insurance companies don’t want to give you a fair settlement after an accident because the less money they give you, the bigger their profits will be. That’s why insurance agents will try to offer you a lowball settlement that doesn’t come close to paying your medical bills and other expenses.
Insurance agents may even try to trick you into making statements that will hurt you claim. That’s why it’s a good idea to speak with a personal injury attorney right away. And let your attorney negotiate with those annoying insurance agents.
Anyone who is responsible for your accident can be held liable for your injuries. For example, if someone crashed into you because they were trying to avoid a jackknifed truck, both drivers may be held liable. And if the truck driver was fatigued from driving too many hours, then their employer may be held liable for a violation of federal hours of service laws.
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries
Your attorney will investigate the accident to prove that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. This may involve interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports, seeking out security camera footage, going over accident photos, and consulting with expert witnesses to build your case.
When the investigation is complete, your attorney will use the information to calculate the true value of your claim. Some types of injuries require extensive care. For example, if a spinal cord injury from a truck accident or a fall causes the victim to be paralyzed, they will require a lifetime of medical care and other services.
Your attorney will consider the following types of expenses when submitting your claim:
- Emergency room care
- Ambulance rides
- Hospital stays
- Doctor’s office visits
- Time missed from work
- Reduced earnings
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Pain and suffering
Cases We Handle
Nobody wants to suffer the effects of an accident. But when you do, it’s nice to have someone who knows what they’re doing on your side. Our attorneys have handled just about every type of personal injury claim you could think of. Some of the cases we see most often include:
- Car accidents are usually caused by drivers who don’t follow the rules. Speeding, making a careless left turn, merging into a lane without checking for other cars, running a stop sign, and other types of careless driver behavior can lead to a collision that causes catastrophic injuries for you, your passengers, and pedestrians.
- Truck accidents can be devastating because a fully loaded big rig weighs about 25 times as much as a car. When a truck collides with a passenger vehicle, the damages can be overwhelming. That’s why trucking companies must screen their drivers to avoid hiring someone who isn’t qualified to be on the road.
- Motorcycle accidents often result in debilitating injuries for the rider who has only their equipment and a helmet for protection. Motorcycle crashes often require long periods of rehabilitation to recover from injuries such as road rash, biker’s arm, and bone fractures.
- Slip and fall accidents happen when people fail to take measures to eliminate a serious hazard, such as removing snow from a walkway after a storm, fixing a loose handrail on a staircase, or cleaning up a spill in a supermarket.
- A dog bite is a traumatic event that can leave wounds and scars requiring several surgical procedures to fully heal.
Were You Injured in an Accident?
If you or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident in Dracut caused by another person’s careless behavior, we can help you get the money you need to start rebuilding your life.
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we offer a FREE consultation. Call (978) 327-5140 to learn more today. We’d love to get a chance to meet you and talk about your case.