Waltham Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Many pedestrians in Waltham, MA use sidewalks and trails to get around. Walking is one of the healthiest kinds of exercise, and it’s also an essential mode of transportation for a lot of people. You might walk your kids to school, walk over to a friend’s house, or walk to the bus stop on your way to work.
At some point, pedestrians usually have to cross the road to get where they’re going, and this can be very dangerous. Most pedestrian accidents occur at intersections and are caused by drivers who are disobeying traffic laws or not being careful enough to look out for people in crosswalks.
When a pedestrian is hit by a car, they may suffer catastrophic injuries. If you are a Waltham pedestrian who was harmed by a careless driver, call DiBella Law Offices P.C. today at (978) 327-5140. We’ll file a claim to help you get the money you need to put your life back together.
Waltham, MA is a beautiful city and home to two universities. Waltham also has some very busy streets and has the third most dangerous intersection in Massachusetts. There is also Route 128 that runs through Waltham, so pedestrians have to be extra careful when crossing the street or entering an intersection, especially the intersection of Main Street and Lyman Street.
In a recent year, three pedestrians were involved in fatal accidents in Waltham. Recently, a man in his sixties was struck by a work van at 11:20am in the area of 110 Columbus Avenue. The victim, who suffered a serious chest injury, was transported to a Boston hospital.
Both drivers and pedestrians in Waltham, MA need to follow the rules to prevent injuries. It’s especially important to remain alert at crosswalks and intersections, where a lot of accidents occur.
Driving an automobile is a huge responsibility. Automobile accidents cause thousands of deaths and injuries every year. The following types of reckless driver behaviors put pedestrians and others at risk:
- DUI. Nobody should be on the road if they are beyond the legal BAC limit of .08 or if they if they have been using any type of controlled substance that impairs a person’s ability to drive. When a driver is under the influence, it damages their coordination, vision, reaction time, and the ability to make good decisions.
- Ignoring stop signs or disobeying a traffic signal is an inexcusable breach of the rules that keep us all safe.
- Speeding dramatically reduces the amount of reaction time a driver has when a hazard appears, and it also makes it much more likely that a pedestrian will be seriously harmed or killed in a collision.
- Failure to yield right of way at crosswalks leaves pedestrians defenseless in a zone that’s designed to protect them.
- Ignoring dangerous weather conditions such as snow, rain, ice, and fog drastically increases the chances that a pedestrian will be harmed. Drivers must slow down to a reasonable speed when inclement weather makes driving more difficult.
If you were struck by an automobile, your whole world can be turned upside down. It helps to have someone on your side to protect your interests. Your Waltham personal injury lawyer will investigate the accident to find out who was at fault. Then they will file a claim with the negligent driver’s insurance company.
Pedestrian injuries can be devastating in accidents involving trucks, busses, vans, or motor vehicles. Insurance companies try to save money by offering a lowball settlement. But your lawyer will negotiate to get you a claim that covers the long-term cost of your injuries.
If the insurance company isn’t willing to make a reasonable offer, our attorneys at DiBella Law Offices P.C. are always ready to take them to court. We’ll fight to make sure you get enough money to cover all the expenses caused by your accident, including:
- Current and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Nursing care
- Reduced earning potential
- Physical therapy
- Wheelchair ramps and lifts
When a pedestrian is hit by a vehicle, you don’t have anything to protect you from the massive impact that results. Some injuries require extensive treatment including rehabilitation and reconstructive surgery. And injuries such as severe brain damage and paralysis will require a lifetime of care.
The negative consequences that our clients and their families face include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Bone fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Road rash
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Wrongful death
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Waltham, MA, the experienced personal injury lawyers at DiBella Law Offices P.C., can help you recover money for your damages.
We have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and our founder Christopher DiBella was selected by his peers as a Massachusetts Super Lawyer®.
Call (978) 327-5140 to schedule a FREE consultation today.