Claims and Lawsuits in Wrongful Death Cases in Waltham
The city of Waltham, Massachusetts, is known for its rich history, beautiful parks, and bustling local streets. With numerous major bicycle routes, including Fresh Pond Bikeway, Coburn Meadow loop, Walden Pond Lake, and others used by cyclists in the area. The streets and roads can be the site of fatal accident, including the intersections of Main and Moody, Felton and Moddy, Main and Fiske, or Trapelo Road and Lexington, all of which have been the location of numerous serious or fatal collisions. Unfortunately, a sudden, avoidable death devastates the family left behind, their friends and family, and the close-knit Waltham community.
If you have lost someone due to the negligence or recklessness of another party, our compassionate and experienced Waltham wrongful death attorneys at DiBella Law Offices, P.C. are here to help you navigate the complex legal process and seek justice. Call our firm today at 978) 327-5140 so we can review your case immediately.
What Is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death occurs when a person dies due to the negligent or intentional actions of another person or entity. These cases can be complex and emotionally challenging, but with the guidance of a skilled Waltham personal injury lawyer, you can hold the responsible party accountable and pursue compensation for your loss.
Waltham Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 855-DiBella
What Accidents Are Common Causes of Wrongful Death in Waltham?
Wrongful death can result from various types of accidents, and determining liability is crucial in each scenario to hold the responsible party accountable. Here are some common accidents that can lead to wrongful death and how liability may be established:
- Car Accidents: Negligent driving conduct, such as speeding, distracted driving, or drunk driving, are common causes of fatal collisions. Liability can be determined with an in-depth review of police reports, witness statements, and accident reconstruction to establish the at-fault driver’s negligence directly caused the victim’s death.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial truck accidents often result in wrongful death due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved. In these cases, liability may lie with the truck driver, the trucking company, or even the manufacturer of faulty equipment. Thorough investigation and expert testimony can help establish fault.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents: Fatalities involving pedestrians and cyclists can occur when drivers fail to yield or pay attention to their surroundings. Liability can be established by proving that the driver’s negligence led to the accident, such as failing to obey traffic signals or not providing enough space for cyclists.
- Medical Malpractice: Wrongful death can occur when healthcare professionals make errors, such as misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes, or administering incorrect medications. Establishing liability requires proving that the medical professional breached their duty of care and that this breach directly caused the patient’s death.
- Workplace Accidents: Employers have a responsibility to maintain a safe work environment. If an employee dies due to unsafe conditions, inadequate training, or defective equipment, the employer may be held liable for wrongful death. Evidence such as safety inspections, witness accounts, and expert analysis can help determine responsibility.
- Premises Liability: Property owners must ensure their premises are safe for visitors. Slip and fall accidents, swimming pool accidents, or fires resulting from the owner’s negligence can lead to wrongful death. Proving liability requires showing that the property owner was aware of the hazard and failed to address it, directly causing the victim’s death.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers can be held liable for wrongful death if their products cause fatal injuries due to design flaws, manufacturing defects, or inadequate warnings. Establishing liability involves demonstrating that the product was defective and that its use directly led to the victim’s death.
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim In Waltham?
Massachusetts allows family members to bring a lawsuit for wrongful death on behalf of a deceased loved one. The eligible parties include spouses, parents (including adoptive), children (including adopted kids), half-siblings (including half-siblings), grandchildren (including step-grandparents), as well as other relatives dependent on the deceased.
When Should a Wrongful Death Claim Be Filed?
In Waltham, Massachusetts, a wrongful death claim can be filed three years after the date of the death or when a personal representative becomes aware of the facts that support the claim. Consult an experienced lawyer as soon as you can after the death of a loved one to protect your rights to file the claim within the time limits imposed by law.
Compensation for Wrongful Death Claims
You may be eligible for compensation if you can prove that another person was responsible for the death of your loved one. The compensation pursued in a claim or lawsuit will include the cost of medical expenses related to an injury or illness before passing away, funeral costs, lost wages, lost future estimated earnings, and other losses. Our skilled wrongful death lawyer will evaluate the facts in the case and work closely with the family to pursue the maximum financial compensation possible.
How a Waltham Fatal Accident Attorney Can Help
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we understand the emotional toll a wrongful death can have on families in Waltham and are committed to providing compassionate and dedicated legal representation. We will work tirelessly to help you seek justice and secure the compensation you deserve. If you have lost a loved one due to negligence or recklessness, don’t hesitate to contact us for a consultation with an experienced Waltham wrongful death attorney who will fight on your behalf.
Call us today at (978) 327-5140 for a free consultation with an experienced wrongful death lawyer who will fight tirelessly on your behalf throughout every stage of your case.