Car Accident Injuries and the Danger of Avoiding Treatment
Motor vehicle accidents can change your life. Besides the damage to your vehicle, it is possible that you may become severely injured as a result of this accident. Even with minor accidents, car accident injuries can occur. For this reason, it is important to always seek medical attention after an accident.
Injuries related to an accident may not be felt immediately. In fact, many injuries can surface days or even weeks later. However, if you do not seek medical attention following the accident, repairing these injuries may not be covered by the insurance company.
It is always best to have at least a physical following a car accident. Your doctor will be able to look for certain injuries that may not be completely noticeable at the time. Here are a few of the injuries that you should be aware of.
- Neck Injuries are something that may not appear immediately and that could have long-lasting effects on the body.
- Whiplash is understood to affect the neck, but it can actually refer to any damage along the spinal cord.
- Back Injuries could even lead to permanent or temporary paralysis of the arms, legs or body.
- Concussions can cause issues, such as seizures, several years after they occur.
- Emotional Trauma. This is an area that is difficult to diagnose. Most symptoms don’t surface immediately and take some time before the person is able to cope with them.
Another important factor that you should consider after being in a car accident is seeking legal counsel. This is especially important if you have been injured in the accident. To learn more about the steps that you should take through the legal system, be sure to contact our Burlington car accident lawyers.