Woburn Truck Accident Lawyers
Trucking routes near Woburn include Route 3 and Route 38. Route 3 is a north-south state-numbered highway that travels 56 miles from Cambridge in the north to Bourne in the south. The section of Route 3 that runs from US-6 in Bourne to I-93 in Braintree is known as Pilgrims Highway. It was first called Route 3 in 1926. Route 38 is a north-south state highway just over 26 miles in length that spans from the New Hampshire state line in Dracut down to Route 28 in Somerville.
There are over 16,500 trucking companies located in Massachusetts. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, drivers in the state suffered 488 truck crashes that caused 28 fatalities in a recent year.
Big rig trucks are massive and unwieldy. It takes years of experience and the right skills to drive one safely. But a lot of trucking companies don’t make an effort to find qualified drivers and give them the training they need to keep everybody safe on the road.
If you or a loved one was harmed in an accident caused by a careless truck driver, contact DiBella Law Offices, P.C. Our team of experienced personal injury lawyers will file a claim against anyone whose negligence contributed to your injuries.
We’ve won millions of dollars in settlements for our clients. Call (978) 327-5140 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
A fully loaded big rig truck weighs up to 80,000 pounds. It’s truly devastating when a truck crashes into a car, SUV, bicycle, motorcycle, or pedestrian. If the vehicle you’re driving is hit by a truck, take the following steps to protect everyone involved:
- Pull over to the side of the road and check to see if anyone needs assistance.
- Call 911.
- Seek medical attention for your injuries and keep records of all the medical treatment you receive.
- If you feel up to it, use your cell phone to take pictures of the accident scene.
- Collect contact information from witnesses and other drivers involved in the crash.
- Don’t discuss details of your accidents with friends or on social media.
- Contact an experienced truck accident personal injury attorney.
A leading cause of truck accidents is trucking firms that refuse to take important safety precautions. Responsible companies hire qualified drivers and give them the tools they need to do their job safely. But some firms are more interested in saving money than doing the right thing.
When trucking companies try to save a few extra bucks by hiring inexperienced drivers or drivers with bad safety records, they’re putting people in jeopardy. In addition to screening new hires, trucking companies should provide them with the training they need to safely operate their vehicles.
It’s also essential for trucking firms to maintain a fleet of well-functioning trucks. That means providing regular inspections and addressing safety concerns before they get out of hand. When companies neglect to fix dangerous issues such as faulty brakes, worn out tires, and safety lights, it dramatically increases the chances that collisions will occur.
Factors that contribute to truck crashes include:
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Negligent hiring
- Overloaded trucks
- Equipment failure
By providing proper training, using diligent hiring practices, and practicing proper maintenance, trucking firms can significantly reduce the number of collisions that occur on the highway.
Accidents that happen when truckers and their employers don’t take the necessary precautions include:
- Runaway trailers are a terrifying and hazardous situation for drivers. This totally avoidable occurrence could be eliminated by proper truck maintenance and timely inspections.
- Blind spot accidents. Trucks have huge blind spots on all four sides, and the driver’s side blind spot extends for several lanes. That’s why truckers must exercise extreme caution when merging or changing lanes.
- Sideswipe accidents occur when truckers fail to signal in advance of lane changes and don’t take the time to make sure the lane is unoccupied
- Jackknife accidents are caused by poorly loaded trucks and improper braking techniques. When an inexperienced trucker slams on the brakes, it causes the truck and trailer to become disabled and spread out across the highway, creating a hazard that can lead to a multi-car pileup.
- Rollover accidents result from improperly loaded trucks and drivers who make sudden jerks instead of steering the vehicle gradually.
- Rear-end accidents occur when truck drivers go too fast, don’t leave enough of a cushion in front of their vehicle, or get distracted while driving.
Due to the immense impact caused by a truck crash, injuries that result from these accidents are often severe. Victims may require extensive treatment and a long period of rehabilitation. Catastrophic injuries such as paralysis will have a drastic impact on the survivor’s life.
Injuries caused by truck collisions include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord damage
- Bone fractures
- Loss of limb
- Severe burns
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal organ damage
If you’re not represented by a personal injury attorney, the insurance company for the trucking firm won’t take you seriously. They may try to deny your claim altogether or they could make you a lowball offer that doesn’t come close to covering the cost of your medical treatment and other expenses.
The Woburn personal injury attorneys at DiBella Law Offices, P.C. will investigate the accident and file a claim against anyone whose negligent behavior contributed to your injuries. This may include careless truck drivers as well as managers and owners of trucking firms.
The insurance companies know we mean business, and they’ll usually make a reasonable settlement offer, but if they don’t, our team is always prepared to take them to court.
A Woburn truck accident claim will include the following types of expenses:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of income
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Home ramps for wheelchairs access
- At-home nursing care
- Wrongful death
A truck crash is a harrowing experience that may cause years of intense physical and emotional harm. It’s only right that the people who hurt you should be expected to pay for their careless behavior.
The independent rating agency Super Lawyers has recognized DiBella Law Offices, P.C. for providing our clients with outstanding service. We also have a perfect 10.0 rating from Avvo.
Call (978) 327-5140 to learn more today.