Wrongful Death Claims and Lawsuits in Woburn
Residents enjoy a rich history, beautiful parks, and an active lifestyle in the vibrant community of Woburn, Massachusetts. The town is full of life, with numerous major bicycle routes and bustling local streets. Cyclists enjoy the Nashua River Rail Trail, Bruce Freeman Rial Trail, Marblehead Trail, Haggetts Rail Trail, and many other pleasant rides in the Woburn area. Drivers and their passengers face tragedy in accidents on the streets of Woburn, whether Four Corners, Washington Street and at the connection of I-93 and I-95 cloverleaf. A vehicle accident can occur at these intersections, or on any of the streets or highways in the Woburn area.
A sudden death has a lifelong impact on the family. At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we understand the pain and suffering faced by families who have lost a loved one due to negligence or recklessness.
Our compassionate and experienced Woburn wrongful death attorneys are here to help you navigate the complex legal process and seek justice for your loss. If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, DiBella Law Offices, P.C. is here to help. Our experienced personal injury lawyers are dedicated to helping families in Woburn and the surrounding areas achieve justice. Call our firm today at (978) 327-5140 so we can help you through this difficult time.
What Is Wrongful Death?
Wrongful death occurs when a person dies due to the negligent or intentional actions of another person or entity. In Massachusetts, certain family members are eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party. These family members may be entitled to compensation for their losses, including medical bills, funeral expenses, and pain and suffering.
Common accidents that may result in wrongful death include:
- Car accidents: Collisions involving cars, motorcycles, and trucks can lead to fatalities when a driver is speeding, driving distracted, driving drunk, or other negligent behavior.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians struck by vehicles may suffer fatal injuries, particularly in busy urban areas or near major roadways.
- Bicycle accidents: Cyclists are vulnerable to collisions with motor vehicles, often resulting in severe or fatal injuries.
- Medical malpractice: Negligence or errors by healthcare professionals, such as misdiagnosis, surgical errors, or medication mistakes, can cause the death of a patient who could have lived.
- Workplace accidents: Fatalities can occur in various work environments, often on construction sites, due to falls, equipment malfunctions, or exposure to hazardous materials.
- Premises liability: Property owners who fail to maintain a safe environment may be held responsible for wrongful deaths resulting from slips and falls, fires, or other accidents on their property.
- Defective products: Manufacturers may be liable for wrongful death if their products cause fatal injuries due to design flaws, manufacturing defects, or inadequate warnings.
In each scenario, liability must be determined for a wrongful death claim to be successful. Our experienced Woburn personal injury attorneys can investigate your case thoroughly and work diligently to determine what party or parties could be held liable for the loss of a loved one.
Woburn Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 855-DiBella
Who Can File a Woburn Wrongful Death Claim?
In Massachusetts, only certain family members can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a deceased relative. These family members typically include spouses, children (including adopted children), parents (including adoptive parents), siblings (including half-siblings), grandparents (including step-grandparents), and other relatives who were financially dependent on the deceased at the time of his or her passing.
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
Under What Circumstances Can You File a Wrongful Death Claim?
In Massachusetts, you can file a wrongful death claim under the following circumstances:
- Negligence: If the death of your loved one was caused by another person’s or entity’s negligence, carelessness, or recklessness, you may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. Examples include car accidents, medical malpractice, and premises liability cases.
- Intentional harm: If your loved one’s death resulted from someone’s intentional act, such as assault or murder, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim.
- Strict liability: In some cases, a party may be held strictly liable for wrongful death, even if there was no negligence or intent to cause harm. This typically applies to product liability cases where a defective product causes fatalities.
A wrongful death claim must be filed within three years of the date of death or from the date the personal representative knew or should have known about the factual basis for the claim.
Forms of Compensation for a Wrongful Death Claim
When it is proven that another party was responsible for your loved one’s death, then you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills related to their injury or illness prior to their passing as well as funeral expenses and pain and suffering associated with their loss. A skilled attorney can help ensure that all forms of compensation available are pursued so that you receive maximum financial recovery for your loss.
Contact a Woburn Wrongful Death Attorney at Our Firm Today
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we understand the emotional devastation the family experiences after losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence or intentional act. We are committed to helping families in Woburn get justice for their losses.
Call us today for a free consultation at (978) 327-5140 to speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney who will fight tirelessly on your behalf throughout every stage of your case.