Massachusetts Legal Blog
Winter Holiday Driving Tips
The holidays are approaching and winter will be here soon. Both the season and the time of year can pose extra hazards for Massachusetts drivers. If you’re going to be traveling over the next few months, DiBella Law Offices, P.C. has some driving safety tips for you. Whether you’re driving across town or driving out of state to Grandma’s house, it’s important that you:
- Are well rested and alert
- Wear your seat belt
- Reduce your speed according to road conditions (snow, ice, fog, etc.)
- Keep your headlights on
- Do not drive impaired
- Do not text or talk on your phone
- Make sure your vehicle is ready for the season (new windshield wipers, snow tires or all weather tires, roadside emergency kit, etc.)
- Keep your gas tank full
- Keep warm clothes, blankets, snacks, and a shovel in your vehicle
- Keep sand or kitty litter in your car in case you get stuck
If you should get stuck in a blizzard while out on the road, you should:
- Stay with the car. Don’t try to walk to safety unless you can see an occupied building within 50 yards or so.
- Tie something brightly colored to your antenna so your vehicle can be seen
- Regularly check the exhaust pipe to make sure it hasn’t become blocked by snow
- To preserve gas, only run the car and heater for 10 minutes each hour
- Keep your dome light on while the car is running. This will make you more visible to rescuers
We at DiBella Law Offices, P.C. understand that, no matter how many precautions you take, accidents and injuries can still happen. If you’re in an accident and need legal assistance, be sure to call (781) 262-3338 Burlington or (978) 327-5140 Methuen for a free consultation.
Got Legal Troubles?
Whether you're having family issues, dealing with the law, or hurt in an accident, the best way to get through it intact is by calling the experienced legal team at DiBella Law Offices, P.C.