DiBella Law Offices invites incoming and current college students to apply for its “The Power of Volunteer Work” Scholarship ahead of the 2024/2025 academic year. This scholarship promises $1,000 to a student who can demonstrate a history of commendable volunteer work that’s changed how they view their professional future.
The firm’s scholarship selection committee encourages students to submit videos between 30 and 60 seconds detailing their history with volunteer work. After the scholarship application period closes, the scholarship selection committee will consider students’ materials and select a winner accordingly.
The team wishes applying students the best of luck compiling their videos. We look forward to helping an ambitious student continue to pursue their academic dreams.
Students applying for DiBella Law Office’s “The Power of Volunteer Work” scholarship must meet the following criteria before the scholarship selection committee will consider their applications:
- Students must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Students must be enrolled in or accepted at an accredited college, university, or graduate school in the United States
- Students must agree to the scholarship terms and conditions
- Students must submit the necessary application materials, including a link to an unlisted YouTube scholarship video
Once students finish scripting, shooting, and editing their scholarship videos, they can:
- Fill out the application form on this page
- Upload a copy of their unofficial transcript
- Add the URL link to their videos
- Submit proof of enrollment/acceptance to an accredited college/university/graduate school (Student ID, letter of acceptance, etc.)
Scholarship Video Topic
DiBella Law Offices Requests that students create 30 to 60-second videos detailing the positive implications of their previous volunteer work. The firm encourages students to go into detail about the motivations that drove them to volunteer as well as the impact volunteering had on a student’s perspective on their future.
The firm wants to know more about volunteering’s impact on a student’s self-development as well as the selflessness that drives a student to help others. DiBella Law Offices hopes that stories about passionate volunteer work will encourage other young people to volunteer in the years to come.
Upon scripting, shooting, and editing their videos, students should post them as unlisted videos on YouTube. Students can then submit a link to their video to the DiBella Law Office.
Students have until April 15, 2024, to submit their scholarship videos. The firm will not consider application materials sent after this deadline expires. Similarly, students must include all of the necessary application materials if they want the firm to consider their applications.
The scholarship selection committee reserves up to three months to assess students’ videos and select a winner. Neither students nor their families should contact DiBella Law Offices during that time with questions about a scholarship application’s status. DiBella Law Offices cannot answer questions about its scholarships or active applications at this time.
Terms and Conditions
All applicants to this scholarship must meet the eligibility requirements as laid out on the scholarship application page, including:
- Applicant must be enrolled at a college, university, or graduate school
- Applicant must be at least 18 years old at the age of enrollment
- Applicant must have residency in the United States
- Applicant must be in good academic standing
- Applicant must submit some personal information, including name, contact information, and proof of enrollment.
- Applicant must author an original video on the scholarship topic provided.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of DiBella Law Office
- Past recipients of the “Power of Volunteer Work” scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of DiBella Law Offices if they were to be awarded a scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same video for multiple years in a row or for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will have no influence on the committee’s decision. The scholarship selection committee reserves up to three months to consider students’ applications and select a merit-based winner. The firm cannot answer questions about the scholarship or its applications during that time.
Upon selecting a winner, the firm will reach out to the applicable student by email. The firm will then announce the winner on its blog as well as by press release. Students and their families can expect to work with DiBella Law Offices to send the scholarship winnings directly to the winning student’s university.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the scholarship, on DiBella Law Office’s website, in marketing materials, or social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.
DiBella Law Offices intends to debut its “The Power of Volunteer Work” scholarship ahead of the 2024/2025 academic year. Future applicants can read more about scholarship winners here.