Legal Representation After an Arlington Truck Accident
Arlington, Massachusetts was founded more than 350 years ago. Although it has grown into a modern community, it remains proud of its history. The town has preserved many of its historical buildings and recreated its town common.
Located in Middlesex County, six miles northwest of Boston, Arlington is a desirable place to live because of its easy access to the city. Once a thriving agricultural and mill town, Arlington is now a lively suburb with beautiful parks, open spaces, and a flourishing local art scene. Its attractions include historic sites, several museums, two theaters, and unique local retailers.
Arlington roads can be dangerous, particularly during New England winters, when storms hit, visibility is limited, and streets and highways can quickly become snow packed or icy. In inclement weather, large commercial trucks can pose a serious risk for other motorists on the roadways. If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact an experienced Arlington personal injury lawyer at (978) 327-5140 for the skilled legal representation you need.
What Is the Statute of Limitations for Truck Accidents in Massachusetts?
A statute of limitations is a time limit imposed by law after which a lawsuit is forever barred. The statute of limitations for truck accidents in Massachusetts is three years. We recommend that you contact us as soon as possible after a truck accident for several reasons:
- Our experienced truck accident lawyers can investigate your accident to determine fault and liability and preserve evidence to support your claim. For example, we can take legal action to preserve the truck’s black box, which contains a wealth of information about how the truck was operated leading up to the crash.
- The sooner we begin working on your case, the closer we are to obtaining the compensation you deserve. Our firm utilizes all resources available, including accident reconstruction experts, photographers, and actuaries, to prove our clients’ claims.
- If you fail to act in time, three years from the date of your accident you will be barred by the statute of limitations from filing a claim for compensation in civil court against the responsible parties.
Arlington Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-DiBella
What Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can happen for many different reasons. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) conducted a study to examine the reasons for serious crashes involving large trucks, known as The Large Truck Crash Causation Study. Researchers found that the following top 10 factors were associated with large trucks involved in fatal or injury crashes, as stated by FMCSA in its analysis brief:
- Brake problems
- Traffic flow interruption (due to congestion or a previous crash)
- Prescription drug use
- Traveling too fast for conditions
- Driver unfamiliarity with the roadway
- Roadway problems
- Required to stop before a crash (for example, because of a traffic signal or crosswalk)
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate surveillance
- Driver fatigue
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
How Is Liability for a Truck Accident Proven?
When a big rig is involved in a crash, it is investigated by local, state, and federal agencies. In addition to law enforcement on the scene, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) and FMCSA will each conduct an investigation to determine how the accident occurred and whether the driver or trucking company violated regulations.
Our Arlington truck accident attorneys at DiBella Law Offices, P.C. protect the rights and interests of injured victims. When we represent you in a truck accident claim, we work closely with investigators, act quickly to secure evidence, and put pressure on the responsible party to compensate you for your losses. Contact us today at (978) 327-5140.