DiBella Law Offices, P.C. Sponsors 2020 Scholarship!
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., we are not only dedicated to helping our clients, but also the community at large. We stand by individuals we believe can make a big impact on the world and believe an education is the best tool in their skillset. That is why we are once again accepting applications for our annual “Writing the Future” scholarship. This award will provide one individual with a $1,000 scholarship towards a post-secondary education.
How to Apply
In the spirit of giving back, we are invested in the stories of individuals who have taken the time to help others in their day-to-day. In a short essay of 500 to 1,000 words, we want to hear how you have delivered a good deed. Whether you have volunteered at a shelter or helped a struggling classmate study for a test, we want to know where you have dedicated your time to helping others.
The application deadline is April 14, 2020 and any submission after that date will not be considered. After we have reviewed all the applications, we will contact the finalists and announce their names on April 28, 2020. The winner of the “Writing the Future” scholarship will be revealed on May 12, 2020.
Alongside writing a well-crafted essay, we are looking for applicants who:
- Are a high school senior on track to graduate or a college student enrolled in an accredited four-year university/college, or currently enrolled in a two-year college and planning to transfer to a four-year university/college upon completion.
- Have, or will earn, a high school diploma this calendar year.
- Have achieved and maintained a 3.0 or higher GPA.
- Are a U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent Residency status. DACA recipients are welcome to apply; and
- Have completely filled out all required fields of the application form (incomplete entries and essays that are under or over the specific wordcount will not be disqualified)
During our thorough judging process, we may go beyond the page to verify some information in your application. If contacted, we may request applicants to provide any or all of the following:
- School transcripts;
- Proof of enrollment (which can include an acceptance letter, or an enrollment verification letter); and/or
- Photo identification.
Please do not send copies of any of the above unless expressly asked or directed to do so.
Best of luck to all of our applications and we readily await the opportunity to announce one of your as our 2020 “Writing the Future” scholarship winner! Applications are open now and you can submit your application form here. You can find all of the necessary information regarding the scholarship here. Or, if you still have questions, call DiBella Law Offices, P.C. at (978) 327-5140 to learn more.