We Protect Victims of Burlington Tour Bus Accidents
When you or your loved one board a tour bus, you trust the driver, tour guide, and bus company to ensure you and the other passengers are safe from harm. You correctly assume the driver is a professional and will operate the vehicle safely to avoid a crash. While this assumption is correct in most cases, tour bus accidents are more common than you think. Per a recent study by the University of Michigan, over 63,000 busses are involved in accidents per year, of which 14,000 led to one or more injuries.
A vast majority of collisions on the road can be avoided if all drivers followed the rules of the road and the principles of defensive driving. A high percentage of accident related injuries are the direct result of negligent driving conduct. If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident involving a tour bus and negligent driving behavior played a role in what occurred, you likely have a valid case to recover damages. In these cases, an experienced Burlington auto accident attorney should evaluate the facts in your case immediately.
Determining Liability in a Tour Bus Wreck
The critical point in recovering compensation for your injuries is proving that the bus driver or other party acted in a negligent manner, resulting in an injury. At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., our attorneys perform a comprehensive review of each case, supported by professional resources such as accident investigators to determine the cause of the collision. Liability may lie with one or more of the following parties:
- The driver: If the driver operated the tour bus unsafely, whether distracted, under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while fatigued, driving too fast for road conditions or other acts of negligence, the driver may be one of the liable parties.
- The tour bus company: In some cases, the maintenance of vehicles is neglected, with a focus on profits rather than passenger safety. In such cases, the bus company may be liable.
- The manufacturer of the vehicle or parts: In cases where the vehicle or a part is defective and the defect resulted in the accident, you may have a product liability case in which the manufacturer can be held liable.
- Another driver: If another driver’s negligence or reckless driving conduct was the cause of the accident, he or she may be liable.
- Road maintenance: In cases where poor road maintenance caused unsafe conditions that resulted in the accident, the city, county, state, or other government agency could be liable for the injury.
Burlington Tour Bus Accident Lawyer Near Me 855-DiBella
What to Do if You’re Injured in a Tour Bus Crash
- Have your medical conditions evaluated at once. A serious injury may not be obvious initially.
- Take as many photographs as possible and note down any details of what happened before memories fade.
- Provide information to accident investigators as requested.
- Contact an experienced Burlington bus crash attorney as soon as possible. The statute of limitations allows for two years to file a lawsuit. All supporting evidence must be collected and preserved as early as possible after the tour bus accident.
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
What Your Burlington Tour Bus Case May Be Worth
The value of the compensation you recover will reflect the severity of your injuries and the long-term impact on your health and future. We work with medical experts and financial specialists to place a value on a tour bus injury case. Damages that can be recovered can include:
- Medical costs, current and estimated future costs
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
Contact Us Today
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C., our award-winning team of Burlington personal injury attorneys is dedicated to protecting the rights of people who have been injured in tour bus accidents. Our founding partner, Christopher DiBella, has a personal stake in ensuring his clients are treated fairly, with compassion and dedication, due to personal experience with a life-threatening collision. We offer a free case consultation to assist you. Call (978) 327-5140 today.