Representing Chelsea Brain Injury Victims
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the most common causes of death and disability among adults. It occurs when a sudden external force injures the brain. Damage to the brain can be focal (confined to one area) or diffuse (affecting more than one area). The severity of TBI can range from a mild concussion to a severe injury that causes coma or death.
If you or your loved one has suffered TBI due to the negligence of another, contact an experienced Chelsea brain injury attorney as soon as possible. Reach out to DiBella Law Offices, P.C. in Chelsea at (978) 327-5140 for a free consultation.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Brain Injury?
Traumatic brain injury may have a range of effects, including the following, according to John Hopkins:
- Cognitive: Confusion, shortened attention span, difficulties with memory, judgment, and problem-solving, lost sense of time and space, amnesia, inability to understand abstract concepts or accept more than one or two-step commands at a time, decreased awareness of self and others, coma
- Motor: Weakness or paralysis, tightening and shortening of muscles, balance and coordination problems, tremors, decreased endurance, inability to plan motor movements, difficulty swallowing.
- Perceptual or sensory: Loss of sensation or heightened sensation, changes in vision, hearing, smell, taste, and touch, difficulty understanding where limbs are in relation to the body
- Communication and language: Difficulty speaking, understanding speech, choosing the right words, reading, writing, forming coherent sentences, working with numbers, identifying objects and their function, and performing familiar tasks
- Functional: Inability to operate machinery or drive a car, problems with organization, paying bills, shopping, impaired performance of daily activities, such as eating, bathing, and dressing
- Social: Difficulties understanding and responding to social interactions, trouble making and keeping friends, relationship difficulties caused by impaired social capacity
- Personality: Apathy, decreased motivation, mood swings, irritability, anxiety, depression, aggression, displays of temper, frustration, and inappropriate behavior
When TBI symptoms are long-term, they may require ongoing medical treatment and rehabilitation. TBI can be permanently disabling. Social, emotional, and cognitive effects can have life-altering consequences for victims and their families.
Chelsea Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me 855-DiBella
What Are the Main Causes of TBI in Chelsea?
Any type of incident that causes head trauma or a violent jolt or blow to the body can result in traumatic brain injury. The most common causes of TBI are as follows:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Collisions involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians are a leading cause of injury to the brain. Traffic crashes account for approximately 17% of all TBI-related deaths, according to the CDC.
- Falls: Traumatic brain injury can occur in falls from collapsing balconies, defective staircases, or from slip or trip and fall hazards on a property. Nearly half of all TBI-related hospitalizations result from falls.
- Construction accidents: Construction workers are vulnerable to brain injuries caused by falling materials, flying objects, moving equipment, falls from rooftops, ladders, scaffolding, and other worksite hazards.
- Assaults: When negligent property owners fail to provide adequate security, visitors may suffer TBI from blows to the head, gunshot wounds, or other forms of criminal assault.
We've offered crucial support and guidance to individuals who have suffered injuries, ensuring their financial and emotional well-being.
How Can a Chelsea Brain Injury Attorney Help?
At DiBella Law Offices, P.C. in Chelsea, we appreciate the seriousness and life-altering impact of TBI and understand how complex the legal process can seem. Let us assist you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered TBI caused by the actions of another person, we want to hear about it. We believe that every case is personal and are here to help. Call us at (978) 327-5140 to schedule a free consultation with a Chelsea personal injury lawyer. You don’t pay anything until we win.